Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving (Things I am thankful for)

Ok, first, I need to say Happy Thanksgiving to anyone that is reading this. Today, Holly, AJ, Anycia, Kamri and I are having Thanksgiving at our house. Doug and Jacquie are coming over too. I will be fixing dutch oven ham, beans and cobbler. Holly is doing scalloped potatoes, and another dessert. Jacquie is bringing rolls. I will try and take pictures, and post them later.

I am thankful for lots of stuff, and this in no way is representative of all the things I am thankful for, and also, it is in no particular order.

1. All my kids. Life would definitely be so boring and even though it probably would be more restful without them, I live to see the morning smiles, get the good night hugs, and the "I love you Dad" never gets old.

2. My wife Holly. She tries real hard to at least smile when my poor attempt at humor fails miserably. Plus, she is real beautiful. Her smile always cheers me up, and her attitude is always so positive. I really am thankful also that when I just can't do another lunch of bologna sandwich, she is willing to go out to lunch with me to Don Pedros.

3. I'm thankful for my house that needs a backyard this spring. And, I am thankful for both my jobs. I'm not thankful that I have to work, but I am thankful that I'm able to work so that we can live comfortably.

4. I'm thankful for the many sports I play, and all the people that I play on those teams with. Mostly though I am thankful that my friend Shawn is my golf partner. He is pretty understanding of my golf game when it falls apart, even if we are in a tournament. Also, he takes my trash talk pretty good when somehow I miraculous put a string of shots together.

5. My brother Chris. He always takes time to call and tell me what is going on. Plus, if I ever have any handyman questions, then he is the one to answer them. I especially like his tales of late night poker, and his never-ending construction projects. I especially enjoy his enthusiasm about new things his kids Leif and Liv are into.

6. My parents, family and extended family. I'm pretty lucky. I have a real supportive group that I can email, and talk with, and Holly's family is humongous and I have really enjoyed being apart of their family. I'm real thankful that they are running some of the same events that I do, and that we are able to do family vacations and activities and it is fun to see how they all get along and really care for each other. I am thankful for my mom and her calls and letters and emails. I'm also thankful for my dad and how he can listen to me ramble on sometimes about stuff I know he really isn't interested in hearing about.

No comments: