Monday, September 22, 2008

Kamri turned 1 years old on September 21st!

Kamri got a cute new princess ride-on toy from her Grandma and Grandpa Thacker. She loves it. It makes all kind of noises and lights up. She thought it was so neat.
We tried to get her interested in opening the presents but she could have cared less. She just wanted to go run around...nothing could get her attention to just sit there and open things. So I let her siblings and cousins open them for her.
Here's her little cake that we made just for her to dig into. She had a hard time at first...Anycia had to stick her finger into it to show her it was yummy. But after that she had a blast. I thought for sure she was going to get sick from all the sugar.
Here she is shoving a huge piece of cake in her mouth. Then after that she was done. She said "out, out". She is s funny. So knows a few words, besides mama and dada, she will say "out" to get out of her high chair and "out" to go outside. She will say "up" when she wants you to pick her up. She will say "uh-oh" when she drops something. She is very smart. She knows what she wants and will pull your hand in the direction of what she wants you to do or get. She even knows how to throw herself down on the ground for a temper tantrum. She will sit down hard on her bum and throw her head back...she has learned to not do it as hard on the wood floors but sometimes she does it right by a wall and I feel bad that she just bonked her head, but I also want to laugh and say see you shouldn't do that. I finally got tough enough (two weeks ago) to let her cry it out in the middle of the night. I used to get up with her 3 or 4 times a night...now I get a full nights sleep, it is great! She is our precious little girl who brings laughter and joy to our family. We all love her dearly and are happy she joined our family.
Happy Birthday sweet little Doodle Bug! We love you so much!

3 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

Gosh Time flies - I can't believe it's been almost a year since I saw you at church - on Kamri's blessing day.

She is a cute little thing!!!

Tonia Z said...

she has as much hair as our little 1 year old! she's adorable.

bonnerbunch said...

I love the mess she made! That is my favorite memory from my kids first b-days! It really brings out their true character! Tim wouldn't even touch his... he is my neat kid! He hates to get dirty, especially his hands! He's just like his dad! Laynee she.. she dug right in and made a huge mess! I am sure Dax will too. Every time he eats it is a huge mess!! I'm glad she had a fun day! I also heard some other good news about you!!!! Congrats!