Monday, April 30, 2012

The Big Move!!

Back in February 2011 a job announcement was sent to all the appraisers in Utah by mail from Washington County about a Certified Appraiser position. I was so excited to receive this. We had always wanted to move to St. George and I was in a job that I wasn’t particularly happy with. So after talking about it with Andrew we decided that it would be a good time for me to try for the job. I applied and got a call 3 weeks later for an interview. I traveled to St. George early that morning... Interviewed and then took the 50 question test that followed. After the test on the drive home I knew I was for sure not getting the job. That test was hard and it made me feel stupid. About a week later I got a call for a second interview, which really surprised me (there were 48 people who applied).  Again, I went down and interviewed, but had to stay the night because I needed to interview with the Assessor the next day because he was out of town. After those interviews I didn’t know what to expect, but it was narrowed down to 2 of us. I was excited I made it this far in the process (I guess I should have more faith in myself!). Andy had sat down with his boss and was approved to work from home in St. George!! I heard through some of my “references” that they were calling about me.  A few days later I got the call from Art Partridge!! I GOT THE JOB! We were so excited, nervous, scared, happy,  pretty much any emotion you could have, it was going on. It was a new adventure, a new beginning!

They were kind enough to give me 6 weeks to quit my job and move, which was close enough to when school ended for the year. We went to St. George a couple weekends in a row house shopping. We found one and after a little negotiating our offer was accepted, our house in Heber was rented and absolutely EVERYTHING was falling into place. It felt like this was the right thing and everything was landing in its spot at the right time. It was absolutely amazing.


We closed on our home May 13th and moved our stuff in May 14th. We lived with my parents for 3 weeks and I started my job May 31st. We love where we live, we love our new home, we love our neighbors, I love my new job, Andy loves working from home. It is all Good!

No comments: