Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Coach Pitch and T-Ball Started this week

So Andy is gone for a week and Coach Pitch started for Kade and he is the coach. T-ball started for Jadyn and I am the coach. So it has been CRAZY! I asked my brother to help coach because the game wouldn't be over before Jadyn's started. So we were running around like mad on Monday night. I absolutely dislike coaching T-Ball...main reason it is so unstructured. You have little kids that are to little to be playing but since big brother is playing they think little brother should. Anyways I have this kid named Conner on my team. His older brother Andrew is on it too. So we are up to bat and they are in line to do it, but Conner won't listen and when the ball is hit he runs after it to get it even though we are up to bat. I tell him after every batter to sit here because it is not our turn to get the ball...his Dad tells him...but he still runs after it. His turn to bat and he hits it and chases the ball. He doesn't run to the base. So we finally get him on base and the ball was hit again and he goes to get it when he should be running to 2ND. Anyways it was quite funny yet so frustrating. Oh yeah we were getting rained on this whole time because the other coach was so gung-ho about playing...big loser, they are 5 and FREEZING! The game today was cancelled because of rain and I am so thankful...my kids were really disappointed but I wasn't...bad mom I know. Just couldn't help but feel relieved!

2 comments:

Steven and Whitney said...

I would have loved to play softball with you guys if it weren't for the fact that I cannot catch a ball. That would have been fun. Maybe I'll practice up in case the team needs me next year (ha ha ha).

Ty and Mari said...

You are a brave brave women. Coaching?! You are out of your mind!