Friday, August 8, 2008

Emergency Room Scare

Kamri had a fever for a day but it hadn't gotten too high. So we figured it was from teething. but in the night she sky rocketed. I took her to Andrew to hold while I went to get her medicine. He said she is way too hot we have got to take her to the emergency room. So we got our shoes on and away we went. We arrived at the emergency room and it was so quiet. They took her temperature the most accurate way...in the bum...poor girl. Anyways, she was 104.2! To my surprise I hadn't been giving her enough medicine. So they woke the doctor up and he took a look at her said she just had virus, but they want to take blood and a urine test just in case. So we stuck a pee bag on her and sucked blood. Her white blood cell count was low but she just would not pee. (we sat there for an hour waiting) So we took her home and after a few miserable days and nights she got better. She is now back to her happy little self...running into things, getting bruises and being the happy smiley Kamri we had missed! So happy you are feeling better, my little doodle bug!

3 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

Poor Little Thing! I'm glad she's doing better

bonnerbunch said...

Holy Cow! That is so scary! I am glad she is feeling better! Don'tcha hate it when the kiddos are sick.. I DO!!

Keysha said...

Scary! I am glad she is doing better. ...even if it does mean she is back to keeping you running around!