Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pneumonia and Antibodies

Jadyn stayed home all week with a fever. She eventually got a cough and sore throat...we finally took her to the doctor Friday afternoon and found out that it was pneumonia. There had been a 5 to 7 day virus going around and I just assumed that is what she had so I didn't take her in. But since she wasn't getting better we thought she should go get her checked and found out that she had pneumonia. Sorry Jady for not taking you sooner!

Well it is was my 28th week of pregnancy and that means for me to get my routine Rhogam shot for having a negative blood type. We told my doctor that we had problems last time with them thinking I had antibodies in my blood. Which means that the baby could have complications with me rejecting/fighting the babies red blood cells. Anyways the same thing happened again. They take my blood do the lab...call and ask me to come back in for more blood and send it to another lab. At the second blood draw they say I could possibly have the antibodies which means I could have a miscarriage or some problems with the baby could happen. It is a big scare for a day and then we find out I just have some strange antibodies in my blood that is not the one to be worried about. I guess it looks similar to the bad antibodies. Anyways all is well and this little one on the inside is kicking and moving like crazy. Its all down hill from here...about 8 weeks until our predicted delivery. (I am usually 2 weeks early, have been with all 3 so far so hopefully I will be with this one too!) The count down is on!

2 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Whoah! Where have I been? I had no idea you were pregnant? Congrats! You are almost due....I'm a terrible friend! I'm very excited for you!!!

Erin said...

I have negative blood too, but that is kind of scary with the antibodies. I'm glad all is well. She will be here before you know it! I hope Jadyn is feeling better...poor little thing.